|"If Every Penny Counts, Tell Us How" Scholarship Contest|
No purchase necessary to win. Product purchase will not enhance chances that your video will be selected.
Financial education is important. Stanford Federal Credit Union promotes financial awareness and encourages students to think about their finances, how to manage it and how to save and spend wisely. Stanford Federal Credit Union invites you to create a video up to:60 (60 seconds) telling us "If every penny counts, tell us how." Three winners, as determined by those judging the videos (See Judging, below), will receive prizes as described below.
1. Eligibility. The Stanford Federal Credit Union "If every penny counts, tell us how." Scholarship Contest ("Contest") is open only to individuals who:
The Contest is subject to all federal, state/provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void outside of the U.S. and where prohibited by law.
All entries are/become the sole property of Stanford Federal Credit Union (the "Sponsor") and will not be returned to the entrant. By submitting an entry, you agree that Stanford Federal Credit Union owns all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the entry and video and that no compensation or fees are due you by Sponsor for the entry or video.
2. Sponsor. Stanford Federal Credit Union. ("Sponsor").
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
4. Entry Period. The Contest begins on April 1, 2009 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on August 31, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Entry Period").
5. Entry. Financial education is important. Stanford Federal Credit Union promotes financial awareness and encourages students to think about their finances - how to manage it and how to save and spend wisely. Stanford Federal Credit Union invites you to create a video up to :60 (60 seconds) using the video theme "If every penny counts, tell us how?"
6. Entry Rules. To enter
You may submit one video entry. If you submit multiple entries, the first one actually received by the Sponsor will be considered the video entered into the contest. Sponsor determines in its sole discretion when a video has been received by Sponsor. You may not edit your video after it is submitted. You may not enter with multiple emails and/or multiple identities. No automated entry or voting devices or programs are permitted. Any entrant who attempts to participate with multiple email and/or multiple identities or who uses any device or artifice to obtain more than the maximum number of entries may be disqualified. You are solely responsible for the equipment and internet access required to enter or participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, restrict participation in the Contest to any person at any time for any reason and/or to disqualify or refuse to accept any entry or video at any time for any reason.
Any attempted entry by any means except as permitted in these Official Rules is void. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, inaccurate, garbled or illegible entries or materials or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability, or for garbled or jumbled transmissions, or for service provider/Internet/Website/usenet accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention, or for inaccurate capture of any information, or the failure to capture any such information. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
Taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6. Judging. Eligible entries will be posted at http://www.sfcu.votigo.com. Individual members of the public registered at http://www.sfcu.votigo.com will be invited to vote for entries online at http://www.sfcu.votigo.com from April 1, 2009 to September 30, 2009 ("Voting Period"). Each eligible entry will be allowed one vote per registered user per day during the Entry Period. By participating in the Contest, you agree that Sponsor and its subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their representatives, employees, agents and contractors have the right to (a) use, review, assess, evaluate, score, verify and judge your entry, publicly or otherwise, in any manner they elect, and (b) control or restrict voter qualification and the frequency and manner of voting. The entrant whose eligible entry receives the highest number of eligible votes will be a potential winner of the Grand Prize, subject to verification (including verification of eligibility, compliance with the Official Rules, and completion of documentation specified herein) and satisfaction of any prize-related conditions or specifications. There is a limit of one prize per entrant and household. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding in all matters relating the Contest, including but not limited to eligibility and winner selection. Potential winners will be notified by email sent to the email address provided by the entrant in the online application. You are responsible for notifying Sponsor of an email address change. Sponsor is under no obligation to attempt to contact potential winners other than by the email address provided.
7. Requirements of the Potential Winner. Except where prohibited by law, potential winners will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility (including a declaration of compliance with these Official Rules) and a comprehensive liability waiver and publicity release within fourteen (14) days of the date of notification. Potential winner may also be required to complete additional liability waivers required by third party service providers. Such liability waivers will prevent you and your successors from bringing a lawsuit or other action against any released party, including without limitation Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and third party service providers, and will prevent you from recovering money damages or other legal relief from any released party. If a potential winner is a minor, the affidavit of eligibility, Form W-9, and liability waiver and publicity release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian on his/her behalf, with prize delivered to such parent/guardian. Potential winners will have two (2) weeks to notify Sponsor, pursuant to these Official Rules and any procedure required by Sponsor in the notice of potential prize, if s/he accepts or declines a prize. If you fail to provide notice of acceptance pursuant to these procedures you will be deemed to have declined the prize without further action by Sponsor. At the time of acceptance, the potential winner must provide Sponsor with a copy of his/her college offer letter or transcripts in addition to the other documents required for accepting the prize. If a potential winner cannot be reasonably notified, verified or confirmed within five (5) days of first notification attempt (and further attempts at Sponsor's sole discretion), a prize is declined, or a potential winner is not eligible for award of a prize for whatever reason, an alternate potential winner will be chosen in accordance with these Official Rules.
Failure to timely return documents, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if the potential winner is found not to be in compliance with this Official Rules or otherwise ineligible, may result in disqualification with an alternate winner selected.
8. Prizes. $1,500 First Prize, $500 Second Prize, $250 Third Prize Prize(s) is/are non-transferable. No substitutions. Prizes will be issued by check only made payable to the winner or the winner's parent or legal guardian if the winner is a minor.
9. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to select a winner from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or Sponsor's identification of the impairment. Sponsor reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All activity arising out of and relating to the Contest is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules and you agree to cooperate with Sponsor concerning verification and/or auditing. All references to an entrant's status as a "winner" are subject to Sponsor verification and/or auditing. If verification activity or an audit evidences non-compliance of an entry or entrant with the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and remove the entry from the Contest at any time. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and persons using any such methods will be disqualified.
10. Publicity. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest and regardless of whether you are a winner, you grant Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensees an exclusive, irrevocable license to use, alter adapt, publish, distribute, copy, exhibit, display, market, promote, advertise, publicize and otherwise exploit your entry, including your name, signature, likeness, photograph(s), written and other entry materials, as well as additional photographs, video footage or other images that Sponsor may take of you if you are the winner, in whole or in part, in any manner and for whatever purpose Sponsor shall elect, in any and all languages, and in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to, website, television, radio and/or printed materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission. You shall not claim or be entitled to receive any compensation or credit for such use.
12. Limitations of Liability; Disclaimers/Release. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or printing errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; (c) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) lost, delayed, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property including, but not limited to, death, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize.
SPONSOR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO THE PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH Stanford Federal Credit Union "If every penny counts, tell us how" Scholarship Contest OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT Stanford Federal Credit Union "If every penny counts, tell us how" Scholarship Contest OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH Stanford Federal Credit Union "If every penny counts, tell us how" Scholarship Contest. RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND ARE NOT RESPONSBLE, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN Stanford Federal Credit Union "If every penny counts, tell us how" Scholarship Contest, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL.
BY ENTERING Stanford Federal Credit Union "If every penny counts, tell us how." Scholarship Contest AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS TO PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY RELATED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, USE BY A RELEASED PARTY OF ANY ENTRY, PARTICIPATION IN Stanford Federal Credit Union "If every penny counts, tell us how." Scholarship Contest, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST A RELEASED PARTY. IN ADDITION YOU AGREE (AND YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF YOU ARE A MINOR, BOTH ON BEHALF OF THEMSELVES AND THE MINOR AGREE) TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT THE ENTRY VIOLATES THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
13. Disputes and Arbitration. Sponsor reserves the right to make all decisions in its sole discretion arising out of or relating to the Contest, and the decisions by Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Except where prohibited by law, you (and entrant's parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree that as a condition of participating in the Contest (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded, or any issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation or enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) the Contest and the Official Rules and all matters in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States of America and the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California; (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; (d) notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages; and (e) all proceedings including any arbitration shall take place in San Francisco, California.
14. Official Rules and Winners List. A copy of these Official Rules and a list of winners will be posted on http://www.sfcu.votigo.com.